A challenged world is an alert world and from challenge comes change
Swim Ireland are gearing up for International Women’s Day 2021 on Monday, March 8, and asking you, our members, to take part by showcasing your women.
The theme of IWD 2021 is ‘Choose To Challenge’, which calls on us all to make the decision to challenge what we see as not equal.
As part of our support for the Choose To Challenge movement, we are re-launching our Women in Sport Wednesdays, but this time we want to hear it straight from you, our Swim Ireland Clubs!
What female members within your club are taking action to drive success and promote a positive ethos?
Athletes, coaches, parents or committee members, we want to see it!
Let’s celebrate our women and girls’ achievements, to inspire those who will follow in their foots steps.
How to Do it:
- Reach out now – identify your “stand-out” females within the club
- Ask them to complete a short survey or questionnaire, highlighting their achievements
- Post your highlights on Monday 8th of March and throughout the week (perhaps one each day!) to your club’s social media channels and website using the Sport Ireland.
- Include the hashtags #ChooseToChallenge #WomenInSportIRE #SwimIrelandIWD
For more information please contact your Club Secretary or Regional Support Officer who have guidance on how to showcase your females – including example questions and a social media resource to help create your post!
Women in Water Polo
We are excited to announce in advance of IWD that we have Women In Sport places available in our Water Polo Referee courses starting in March / April time, to encourage and empower more females to take up officiating roles within our sports.
If you are a woman interested in becoming a Water Polo Referee, and would like to participate through the Women in Sport Programme, please express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s on this Women’s Week?
We have a full week of IWD initiatives planned to begin on IWD, with opportunities open to all genders. Here’s some of what’s in store:
- Discounts on education courses
- Support for athlete lifestyle management
- Choose To Challenge initiatives
- Women In Sport Wednesdays
- And lots, lots more!
For more information and to keep up to date with all that is happening for International Women’s Week at Swim Ireland follow the link here!